Summary of Duties
This position is responsible for maintaining an adequate supply of clean kitchen utensils and dishes. Ability to operate and maintain an automated dishwasher. Responsible for general cleaning and maintaining of kitchen areas to assure that the department has a clean, safe, and sanitary kitchen always. Position reports to the Director of Dining Services.
- Exceed the expectations of residents and guests during meal service.
- General cleaning of kitchen and dining room including sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
- Washes, air dries, and restocks plates, glasses, and silverware according to proper methods of sanitation; Sort and put away dishes.
- Operates, assembles, disassembles, cleans, and de-limes dishwashers.
- Follows safe and proper techniques for chemical use.
- Follows proper infection control techniques including cleaning, storage, and food handling.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency and safety procedures.
- Take trash to the dumpster.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining kitchen equipment on a daily basis.
- Report equipment safety issues to the Director of Dining Services.
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times; Assist in maintaining state and local rules and regulations for a clean, safe, and sanitary kitchen at all times.
- Provide assistance with storage of items received from vendors.
- Responsible for sanitizing and cleaning of all kitchen utensils and dishes.
- Scrape soiled dishes and place them in the dishwasher.
- Supervise travel of dishes through the dish machine.
- Ability to assess problems and breakdowns of the dish machine.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supports and participates in the resident centered activity programs.
- Participates in projects or committees as assigned.
- Attends all associate meetings including in-service education and associate functions, as requested by the supervisor.
- Assists in a variety of tasks involving residents as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED at a minimum.
- Physical requirements include the ability to communicate by speaking, seeing, and hearing sufficient to serve the residents.
- Professional and neat appearance and presentation, adherence to the dress code, and good personal hygiene are expected.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to work with various levels of people, associates, and residents.
- Be free of communicable disease.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to relate to residents and associates in a courteous and diplomatic manner under all circumstances.
- Completion of drug testing and criminal record background check upon hire and upon request of supervisor.
- Physical requirements include bending, standing, lifting, stooping, sitting, walking, stretching, and ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Must have manual dexterity to handle kitchen utensils and dishes.
- Must have problem solving skills.
- Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures.
To schedule a tour of our beautiful campus, use the form below. Our team will review it and get in touch with you as soon as possible.