Summary of Duties
To provide wholesome, nutritious, and attractive food that is served at the appropriate temperature. Position reports to the Director of Dining Services.
- Prepare and serve all food items using high quality ingredients and appropriate garnishes.
- Use recipes and correct portion sizes to provide a consistent product while controlling costs.
- Record and monitor food temperatures during storage, preparation, cooking, and serving.
- Label, date, and properly store all foods.
- Monitor and record temperatures of all kitchen refrigerators and freezers daily.
- Control overproduction and waste of all food items.
- Comply with all state and local rules and regulations for a clean, safe, and sanitary kitchen.
- Responsible for washing and sanitizing food service equipment.
- Responsible for general cleaning of the cook's area, freezers, refrigerators, and storage areas.
- Follow established safety procedures while operating kitchen equipment.
- Responsible for storage of items received from vendors.
- Check inventory of needed supplies daily to ensure proper stock levels for the preparation of menu items.
- Mop and clean kitchen as needed.
- Removes garbage to the dumpster as needed.
- Reports equipment and safety issues to the Director of Dining Services.
- Work as a team member to maintain a pleasant, effective work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supports and participates in the resident centered activity programs.
- Participates in projects or committees as assigned.
- Attends all associate meetings including in-service education and associate functions, as requested by the supervisor.
- Assists in a variety of tasks involving residents as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED at a minimum.
- Minimum two years cooking experience preferably within the healthcare or hospitality field.
- Serv-Safe Certification preferred. Physical requirements include the ability to communicate by speaking, seeing, and hearing sufficient to serve the residents.
- Professional and neat appearance and presentation, adherence to the dress code, and good personal hygiene are expected.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to work with various levels of people, associates, and residents.
- Be free of communicable disease.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to relate to residents and associates in a courteous and diplomatic manner under all circumstances.
- Completion of drug testing and criminal record background check upon hire and upon request of supervisor.
- Physical requirements include bending, standing, lifting, stooping, sitting, walking, stretching, and ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures
To schedule a tour of our beautiful campus, use the form below. Our team will review it and get in touch with you as soon as possible.